Thursday 22 March 2012

Indian Passport: Love Hate and Anticipation 1

Applying for my Passport for the FIRST TIME and since I had heard so many stories about peoples attempt in getting one I just thought why not share the whole process of mine with you all. By the way I am not going to violate any norms of National Security so you Government people don't you dare misinterpret my post and come calling on my doorstep.
After lot of persuasion I reached a level where I couldn't take it anymore of not having a passport and not having the option of visiting abroad. As this is right now a lean period in office for the arts programmers (people in accounts are right now in the spotlight) I thought its a good time to put my energy into this and get this passport issue done once and for all. Like an innocent lamb I entered the passport site and boom the devil was there with multiple links to fry my brain out. Calmly and quietly I ventured for the step by step  form fill up and by the end of it I was like wow its so easy. Great job Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) great job with this whole online application thing. With hope in my heart I submitted the form and asked for an appointment schedule. Thus started the roller coaster ride and after like 50 attempts I lost hope. Called up the toll free help line and found out that I gotta log in on Saturday at exactly 4pm in the afternoon and will be able to get things done. By this time I was still hopeful. But just to be sure I called up a friend of mine to learn more and she told me to "............hahahahahahahaha". Not the reaction I was looking for. She had applied for an Urgent (Tatkal) Passport where the Passport office claimed to take 15 days to deliver but it has been 14 days since she couldn't log in to the site. Her advise was wake up by 1o'clock in the nihgt reach passport office by 2am and by 4pm next morning your turn will come and wallah you will find yourself victorious. As the conversation rolled on we even thought of kidnapping the guy from Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) who was in-charge of building the whole site and make him tweak here and tweak there to get us the appointment schedule by torturing him (tickling him Asterix and Oblix style.)
Well that was all I could achieve today and now my head is so buzzed that the only song that is playing havoc inside my head is ....

Those of you who already have their Passport pray for me that I can be brave and strong in this hour of ordeal. Will keep you all posted about this on Saturday. Good night.

3 comments:

  1. and at the end of the phone call i realized, that it was more pnpc, than the actual procedure that we were discussing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats what makes us true bengalis. Pnpc and Bob Biswas the true identity of our race.

    ReplyDelete