Sunday 18 March 2012

Adele singing whats there for lunch

Is there any reason to feel sad when its already afternoon and you still haven't taken your shower haven't had your lunch and all you are doing is lying around and listening to Adele - Make you feel my love in a constant loop and your pack of twenty cigarettes is almost empty? The house is empty and the curtains are drawn and because of late payment Vodafone has cut done my outgoing facilities. 
Adele performing in 2009 
There I go again I pressed the replay button damn that girl Adele.
Well after a crazy week of back to back events, parties, anonymous phone calls  and hospitals my fatigued brain cells have made it impossible to think straight. We Bengalis have this great quality of being extremely lazy and can spend hours without moving a single muscle but its just difficult to put the mind at ease. We are thinking global economy and whats there for lunch at the same time. I think we justify our physically vegetable state by over working of our brain, end of the day we are back to square one fatigued to the core of our bones.
In my case one such thought that is popping up is to redecorate my room. But with my salary vanishing quickly out of my account what ever I am thinking the practical SOB inside me is crushing it down. But none the less I am hopeful that I will be able to execute most of my desired decorations by next month. I have even done copious amount of sketches of how my room should look and on paper I have achieved quite a satisfactory plan. Now its time just for the right kind of motivation. Well I could have told my girlfriend to motivate me but she will beat the hell out of me if she gets to know that I am again upto spending money. Plus right now I am playing the role of the motivator trying to get her finish her PhD proposal which she needs to submit to one university whose last date of submission is tomorrow. Ouch! that hurts. I can already feel her invisible pinches for writing this.
Looking at her study and write made me so jealous. I also want to do it but sadly I never had any stamina to venture into academics. I think I am like those sages beneath the banyan tree who is very happy to give out wisdom (Not Free Ones) in one session and then just leave it to lesser mortals to figure the damn thing out. Ouch! again the invisible pinches.
Actually I come from a quite an academic family with grandfathers as renowned professors and  psychologist  my mother as a teacher of English to my father as journalist and my brother as a Cambridge University St John's College research scholar. Me, I am the black sheep of the family. With my inherited qualities I opted for being in the field than in the realms of theories. 
Urrrggghhhhh.... no point crying over spilled milk now that i my mind has drifted to whats there for lunch lets just go and have it. 
Adele just one more time if you please sing that song again dear ..... Loop loop loop ........ 

6 comments:

  1. Brilliantly written. By the way did you get for lunch finally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean What did you get for your lunch finally!

      Delete
  2. By the way the grandfather that you have in mind was not a "physiologist" but a "psychologist"

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicely written save for the autocorrect option that you must have left one for eg in the first para: payment Vodafone has cut done my outgoing facilities. You may be the motivator but I am you proof reader.Ouch! those invisible pinches can be felt here in dum dum.
    Enough of me being caustic. I am really happy that you finally wrote on your blog.I like this version of The Sunday Snips better.(despite the fact that you removed my 'controversial' story, see that proves something and I can't tell you because I am hopelessly unromantic.) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete