Wednesday 11 April 2012

ITS SHAKING BABY: Earthquake mischief in Kolkata

While talking about future budget plans with my boss someone form the next department comes rushing in "Earthquake Earthquake the chair seriously shook I tell you". We were so engrossed that we gave her a blank smile and didn't pay much heed to her. Our chairs didn´t shake a bit how come her`s did. Ahem... the last few words didn't come out right.

Well I was thinking a big truck was behind all this chaos but as I logged into Facebook......I found 20 posts with the word EARTHQUAKE. Well that was quick. I think this baby sign of calamity gave office goers a chance to log into Facebook and Twitter and inform their loved and dear ones "BABY ITS SHAKING". Oh and now there are posts that says "DID YOU GUYS FEEL IT!!!". All these office executives are leaving office early that's for sure.

But on a serious note the regular hail storm, rain and lightning are not being civil anymore and to join the club now comes earthquake in Kolkata. Well I don't want the world to come to an end it should still live for another 100 years so that my future imbecile great grand children can go down with it if they want. I will just say  " Dear ones I tried, I tried to save the world by supporting Al Gore and Greenpeace but then what the hell am I suppose to do if the bloody earthquakes make mischief. "



For those who wants to know more about the mischievous earthquake visit
http://www.incois.gov.in/DSSProducts/Product_NTWC/dss120411083800_index_NTWC_pub.htm



OHHHH Shit now its really scary People please listen and listen carefully a TSUNAMI alert has been declared which is to hit at 3:46pm. Kolkata Metro service has been stopped and people in Rajarhat and Saltlake offices are all out on the street. If it shakes one more time I tell you man ....... there will be no man left. DONT PANIC but dont be TOO LAZZYYYY also. More updates to come in......if there is any.




Ahhhhhhhhhhh Relief.. No threat of Tsunami. Well Union Home Secretary RK Singh says so. Got it over with people now please get inside your office and stop SHAKING..... Oh and one more thing what a lovely cloudy weather all my dear Bengali Lover boys get your pen and paper out and get cracking....

6 comments:

  1. ...It felt like I was having a silent ride onto a half-awakened tremor, while I just finished making a face to one of my colleagues who suddenly said "Earthquake...Shaking!!!" and landed my feet onto the ground.

    Soon the highrise building beside was evacuated, on site engineers started calling me reporting that they had also been instructed to be out from their activities immediately, followed with news of people pouring out on roads at Park Street, Ho Chi Minh......
    It read "4.9...felt at Kolkata!"

    Suddenly everyone looked so same, so congruent!..faces peeled off something....something so glossy.....
    every hand went out for a receiver, certain yet shaky to hear a very familiar voice's greeting....... every eyes searched for some words just to utter "coming home early..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Puja

      It is relief now that this is over. I do agree its scary and situations like this makes us show our human instincts more vividly than ever. Dosen't matter how much fun we make out of it later on but the humbling primitive dumbness will always be there when faced with nature's fury.

      Delete
    2. it would only be over when we fell down onto our knees, jerk off all our prides and pray for a mere sustenance to the Nature whom we ruled and ruined.....

      Delete
  2. I was trying to switch on the desktop at my department, and i was not being able to..I panicked and call a friend saying..is there anything wrong with this computer? also the mouse was not working..she said no, and i panicked even more, and in this commotion for a second or 2 i felt something went wrong...as if the floor slipped under my feet.but i did not pay much attention to it. then ma called and told me what happened, and then i saw that the cord of mouse got disconnected, an i realized IT was the EARTHQUAKE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In all probability it was the ghosts of your esteemed university that did it ....with the computer that is :P

      Delete
    2. its not entirely 'my university', it is also partially 'your university' :P

      Delete