Sunday 18 March 2012

Freud and Bengali Mutton Curry

Bengali Mutton Curry
Ahhhhhh back again. and the first thing that pops in my mail is my brother asking me what was there for lunch and also correcting my spellings. Well now that I have corrected my spellings why not further inform the wonderful sunday lunch that I had. Well as I ventured to take off the lid I found a deadly concussion with pieces of mutton and potato. Completely red in colour which had no delicious reassurance. Fried eggplant, some fried slices of potato and dahl. Ohh yes to mix it all up there was pristine white rice, innocence wrapped in a casserole. Thus the menu was in Bengali Bhat - Dahl - Begun Bhaja - Aloo Bhaja - Panthar Mangsho. Bengalis abroad will die for a lunch like this but those from foreign lands should never venture into this they will get burned inside.
Sigmund Freud
I am a fast eater and today I was even faster. After having the lunch it was definitely a heart attack that i was getting. Couldn't move much but the seasoned bengali appetite got it all down in no time. Of course to felicitate the digestion process I slept like a slob with strange dreams. I don't know whether Freud wrote about it or not but in tropical weather I have seen that a post lunch nap issues more dreams than in the night. Opps i just wrote something I shouldn't have written. My god what a sin. I just hope that this blog post gets lost in the web. If any Bengali intellectual or as a matter of fact any individual who has read the back cover synopsis of Interpretations of Dreams they will just keep on commenting and commenting and commenting thus making sure that i find myself in an asylum. But alas I will continue.
And what more to say, Politics trying to get some mileage over cricket. In one hand Pakistan made 330 runs and India chasing it like some Bollywood villain and on the other hand its the India's Rail Minister playing the lead role in a sentimental thriller sit com "I will leave my Chair huh!" Dinesh Trivedi best of luck.
Little Red Riding Hood with Grandma Wolf
Ohhh no, again wrong statements, now I am seriously dead. I should start writing about sexual repression and gender biased fairy tales. But noooooo some English Literature student will spank my butt just for kicks. I think its the traumatic red mutton curry that is acting up now. 
Lets rest the case here and go back to facebook. I just don't want to miss whatever is left of this Sunday which is rapidly coming to an end. Oh and just for information its the same bloody old Mutton curry that is there for Dinner this time with Roti.

3 comments:

  1. I read this blog post earlier and the one preceding this later...a Freudian slip maybe!!!but I like both ur posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Its slips like this that keeps us Humane........:)

      Delete
  2. now now, your unfulfilled desires has nothing to do with the rich mutton curry screwing your daily diet of boiled vegetables, dal and Pantua served by your beloved bunty the wonder boy. dragging Freud into this purely physiological, rather i should say digestion issue, drama is a bit of sticking your pen his old tombstone without any reason. don't you think so? you should listen to bhimsen joshi every morning and practice wrestling from now on. may Freud forgive you and monohor aich gives you the power of digestion.

    ReplyDelete