Saturday 19 May 2012

Mamata Banerjee and her Maophobia

Dear Mrs Hillary Clinton 


Hope this reaches you in good mood. I am sure FBI and CIA will track this post in no time and alert you of its content. At least some movies and books claims these security and intel organisations are very effective. I stay in West Bengal Kolkata and I am not a communist nor am I a Maoist. Neither was I when I was perusing my Mass Communication Post Graduate Diploma from Jadavpur University, Kolkata. Yes it is an undeniable fact that many of our professors were CPI(M) inclined and the college from where I had done my Under Grad Studies with English Hons was renowned for being CPI(M) sympathiser. But like many of my batch mates I remained apolitical in practise and spent much time with my then girlfriend and few friends. Now I work in cultural sectors doing projects. 


Now that the introduction is done let me get to the point. You recently visited Kolkata and it gives me great pride that you enjoyed your brief stay here. Its a shame that you politicians cant stay long in one place or else the opposition will start commenting on how you are wasting public money. But do come again when you retire with your own money along with your family. The Victoria Memorial will still be here along with roadside tea stalls to welcome you. But I hope that you don't get to our present Chief Minister whom you liked so much. I don't know whether you said nice things about her just for the sake of friendly relations but if they were from your heart then i doubt your understanding of people. It may also be that you are not aware of her recent bloopers which bought shame to me as a citizen of my state. I am regretting the fact that I had given a vote in her favour and kicked out the blood thirsty Communist Government. Now I know that you Americans are touchy about the word communist and anybody who fights against them you see them as heroes. Plus there is that GIRL friend factor also. Your comment after receiving  Century Award at the New York Women's Foundation Breakfast.
Mamata Banerjee with Hillary Clinton


"I went last week to West Bengal in East India and had two remarkable experiences - meeting the newly elected chief minister, a woman, who on her own started a new political party and built that political party over many years, and just successfully ousted Communist Party that had been in office for 30, 34 years or so, and who is trying now to govern a state with 90 million people in it,"
As reported by The Times Of India http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-05-11/india/31668923_1_rescue-girls-hillary-clinton-young-girl makes me feel that you are not aware of many things about your new found GIRL friend. Well I will tell you what she did 


http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/259252/mamata-faces-flak-for-calling-students-maoists.html



(West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday stormed out of a CNN-IBN show on one year of Trinamool Congress rule, after accusing the audience, which consisted of students, to be Maoists and CPM cadre.
The Trinamool Congress chief lost her cool and stormed out of the interactive TV session when members of the audience questioned her on the arrest of Jadavpur University professor Ambikesh Mahapatra and increased rate of crime against women in the state, including the controversial Park Street rape case.
Alleging that the professor was a member of the CPM cadre, the West Bengal Chief Minister said, "It is not a cartoon. We love cartoons. Cartoon is a different thing. He is a CPM man. He misused the e-mail of his society people without their consent. He forwarded it to 60 people."
Mamata also hit out at the CPM, accusing it of working hand-in-glove with the Maoists.CNN-IBN
While responding to the question on the cartoon controversy, Mamata slammed the students among the audience saying, "I know that Maoist people and CPM are putting up these questions."
The Chief Minister even went on to ask the girl student who had posed the question if she was a Maoist, asking, "Why students from outside Jadavpur University are not here?"
When asked by the students about crime against women in the state, the Chief Minister got furious. She argued there was no crime against women in the state, and accused the students of being CPM cadres and asking "Maoist questions".
Mamata claimed that it could even be verified that the members of the audience were Maoists and CPM cadres, and they were asking nothing but "questions of the Maoists and the CPM".......) As reported by CNN-IBN. http://ibnlive.in.com/news/mamata-faces-flak-for-calling-students-maoists/259252-37-64.html?ref=nf 
Regarding the Cartoon issue talked about earlier you can check out my previous post on that matter which has news links so that you can judge for your self. 
I still maintain the cartoon done by Herblock about him flashing Richard Nixon with Nixon's nose and chin placed quite compromisingly as my Facebook profile Pic. To me that is democracy. It amazed me from childhood how did Herblock survive after doing that cartoon. He should have been taken down by the spooks with a sniper. Freedom of Speech and Expression and mainly tolerance shown by America and specially Nixon during that time gave me a sense why America has achieved so much in its brief history. Even your family went through situations like these and let me tell you this doesn't matter how much it hurt ed you and your family members during that time the cartoonists who lampooned you guys are like super heroes to some people. Above all they are great Artists. But apparently our CM doesn't have the Tolerance factor in her. As a matter of fact she doesn't even understand the word. I am ashamed of her. It seems a female version Hoover is breathing down our neck to brand us Communist and Maoist. Her Maophobia is going out of hands and since the only option left is CPI(M) I don't know whom to vote next time. But if don't go to vote next time because of lack in choices well I will not be in a democratic scenario anymore.Well since you top brass people a kitty party friends try to make her understand what she is doing. At-least be informed yourself before being all praises about a person.

P.S. Two things:First I think you gave a embroidered piece of cloth to Mamata. Well it had spelling mistakes. We Bengali's are touchy about people getting Tagore poems wrong and second if I get arrested tomorrow please give me and my old mother refuge in your country. I assure you I will not even bleed RED if that can save my ass.

Regards

The doomed Sunday Snipper 

2 comments:

  1. say hi to CIA from me,though I would rather pick up MI5 as a career option,better looking dudes they have got.

    ReplyDelete