Friday 13 April 2012

Chief Minister Making Funny Faces


The actual Image mailed by Ambikesh Mahapatra which took him to jail



Herblock Cartoon on Richard Nixon

Well today it is really shameful that this happened. Already people have joined the blame game and are throwing dirt on each other. I have seen the said image and have even liked it and let me say it out loud that I have even shared it with my friends who in return have liked it. Mind you I am one of those who voted for Mamata in hope for a better government inspite of not having any political allegiance whatsoever. Blunders after Blunders made by this new government have made me feel ohhhh God we have created a monster. I am an amateur cartoonist and caricaturist and if Ambikesh Mahapatra gets prosecuted under any act then that will basically tell me that I will not have the right to draw political cartoons sitting in West Bengal. Overall as a vote giving citizen I find this impossible to accept.

There were times when cartoons changed governments worldwide because they reflected public sensibility. Cartoon wise the 'controversial image' is not a pure cartoon and is a play of images and Idea. But the word cartoon does not mean Cartoon Network, Alice In Wonderland and Disney. In light of this mess I would like to point out a simple search in google with Mamata Cartoons thus providing the Government with enough evidence to arrest people and put the charges of sedition.

I am so agitated right now that I am not being able to write more now. Its time for action which I will take it if this man is declared guilty. Will update soon......

2 comments:

  1. not getting your link of mamata cartoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for that you can search Mamata Cartoon on goolge images

    ReplyDelete